UX Designer (Internship)
We are looking for a UX Design intern to help us design and build the NextPay platform and address major customer problems through UX Design, UI Design, Customer Research, and Usability Testing. The intern will work in a small, close-knit product team of engineers and designers with an extremely customer-focused culture.
This is a 4-month full-time remote internship (you’ll be working from home) with potential for full-time employment at the end of the period. Despite being remote, you’ll be communicating and pair-designing with the team very frequently, so a stable internet connection is necessary.Apply for this position
What you gotta do
- UX & UI Design: Work closely with the entire product team to design concepts, wireframes, and prototypes for the expansion of the NextPay product.
- Design Systems: Help the design team build, expand, and maintain its design system as its product grows. (We use Figma!)
- User research & testing: Conduct customer research and usability testing with interactive prototypes to validate ideas.
- Team dynamics: Contribute to the growth of the team and culture by helping us refine the product, team process, and being your awesome self.
Our ideal candidate has...
- A tech-focused background (no formal academic design background needed) and familiarity with the fundamentals of design and UX (at least 1 year).
- A stable internet connection and can function well remotely and independently.
- A strong sense of empathy, resourcefulness, and critical thinking and the ability to connect customer needs
- Good English/Filipino communication and presentation skills.
- A “Growth Mindset” and eagerness to learn and receive constructive feedback at a fast-paced environment.
- A working portfolio (online or PDF) of design projects showing process and rationale.
- Working experience with Figma and general design tools.
Bonus points for...
- Experience or understanding of HTML/CSS
- Experience or understanding of user testing, heuristic evaluation, and A/B testing
- Experience or understanding of prototyping tools (Figma, Sketch, InVision, Proto.io, or similar software)
- End-to-end design skills from sketching, wireframing, prototyping, and visual design
What you get
- You will receive a weekly allowance and extra benefits that our team enjoys, like Foodie Friday treats, Team Socials, and valuable learning opportunities at events
- You will be challenged to grow and succeed in your role
- You will learn about the fundamentals of creating a kick-ass product can impact thousands
- You will experience a modern start-up environment that thrives on great team culture